Thread: Hello 476

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello 476

Not sure of what to put so hopefully this isn't to much. Well, my name is Mike and I live in Oklahoma. I have been doing flight sims ever since I tried Falcon 3.0. I mean I did everything, EF2000, pretty much all of the Jane' series and many more. Then Falcon 4.0 came out. I dived into that and enjoyed the heck out of it. Then DCS came out with one of my favorite planes, the A-10C. I dove in but always felt like I was doing things wrong or not the way the real world pilots did it. I had young kids and a demanding job so I just played around with it and never got serious with it.

Well kids are older, promotion at work so less work (Funny how that works) so I thought lets dive in to this and the F-18. I bought the Thrustmaster Warthog, rudder pedals, and the MFD's. Started reading the manual and doing the training missions. Now I am doing the A-10C redflag missions to get better because I still feel like I am doing it wrong.

I have been looking for a squadron to help get better. I read threads on your forum and you guys seem very noob friendly. I am not ready to apply because, well air to air refueling is a problem for me at the moment. I will continue to improve and hopefully with some help I can apply.

I tried to use the callsign Rockeye but it wouldn't let me. I have been using that since back in the day but open to a new one. Personally I think the squadron should assign them like in the real world.

I am not sure if this is against the rules but would it be okay if some of the guys trying to apply get together to help each other? I know I would appreciate any help so if anyone would like to help that would be great. Well I think I have typed to much so I will let you all get back to flying.

PINKY

| 76th vFS Pilot

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts
    Welcome, Ross. Feel free to ask questions.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Welcome, Ross!

AAR is tough for everyone to learn, so you're not alone. Be sure to check out our Downloads page for additional info regarding the squadron and our supported aircraft types and maps. Also, join our Discord channel, if you haven't already. You can easily ask questions there, as well as on this forum.

When/if you apply to the squad, you have to select only one aircraft type for your IQT and MQT training. After those are successfully completed, you can then begin training for a second aircraft type in the squad. Once accepted for IQT, we actually encourage the new guys to get together to help each other (both flying together and via Discord texts & voice). Of course, anyone else in the squad should be happy to help with training flights and questions, too.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Welcome!!!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you for the welcome messages. Okay, not trying to sound like a total nugget but I am learning the A-10C. I could have sworn there was a mission to practice AAR. Is there one or do I need to create one?

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    I don’t recall there being a canned AAR mission that came with the Sim.

It’s not very hard to build one though.