Thread: Opposed Strike Package - AAR and Desired Focus Points

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Opposed Strike Package - AAR and Desired Focus Points

This is an overview of a fairly challenging scenario that we just threw at a few of our 510th vFS pilots. This was flown on DS1 using our standard threat setup. Package was to strike a group of ammo storage bunkers in Range 75. Briefed threats were 2xSA-2 systems and a single aggressor simulating an Su-27 (AA-11/10C/D shooter).

Package composition was Zesty 1 (ZY) flight tasked with OCA/SEAD and Showtime 2 (SE) and Python 3 (PN) flights tasked with strike. Arson (AN) flight was aggressor support. ZY flight would push, attrite the air threat then engage the SA-2s with HARM. SE would make a stand-in attack with GBU-31s, with each aircraft having residual HARM to engage SA-2s if ZY flight was unable to do so.

As the flight progressed, ZY flight encountered a bandit as single contact flanking at 70NM, 38K, which pitched back hot at 40NM, 40K and Mach 1.2+. ZY flight was behind timeline, employed and went out late, which was compounded by the relatively high and fast bandit. SE flight delouses (also late on timeline), which removes the air threat.

ZY pushes to the target, and places one HARM on the northern SA-2, although ZY12 is killed due to late threat reactions. AN regenerates over TNX, and kills ZY11 in a rundown due to late exit. SE targets AN from inside MTR, employs by LSR and is out by MAR. AN called dead and separates.

SE pushes towards target, attempting to target HARM. AN regenerates over TNX at low-altitude. PN is directively targeted to the new threat, but AN drags out the AMRAAM and attempts a low-to-high conversion on SE flight. SE turns cold, and SE22 is killed with an HOBS IR shot before AN is killed by PN11. Strike package aborts and RTBs.

There's a video of the flight from AN1s perspective here:

I apologize for the hot-mic (which may be annoying), I generally leave Hot Mic enabled since it lets me remember anything I'm saying to myself in-flight.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExNusquam For This Useful Post:

Onyx (15Nov20)