Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    1+1=2. Better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Someone needs to give me some Cliff Notes or something because of the.... everything. I'm not associated with any VFS and while most of the blokes I recognize are over here now, obviously I'd like to know which VFS is best for me so some understanding as to what happened would help. I mean, I guess everyone here could be aligned with the Aryan Nation or something and got thrown out of the 25th, but probably not, so that's what's nice to know :P

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,109 Posts
    Basically it came down to the founding members of the 476th and the way the majority of 25th members wanted to fly the sim was different. Instead of trying to force others to fly how we enjoy we thought it was best to leave and start our own vFighter Group.

Slovenia
       Slovenia

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts
    And those of us, that think we have a lot to learn along with trying to fly properly, came here. If I wanted to play a game I choose from wide verity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are we talking like 'casual' vs. 'hardcore' differences? Reading what little I can see on the 25th forums it seems that a lot of them wanted a less-rigid structure (talk about throwing out SOPs and the like), but I can't be sure. I'm just an outsider looking in and I'm pretty limited in what I can see.

Quatar
       Quatar

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,621 Posts
    Simplifying things, yes. Many from the 25th want a more relaxed 'fun' approach. Whereas for us the challenge of learning to do things with real world tactics & procedures (withing the limitations of the sim) etc IS the fun. Our training is goiing to be much more structured and 'formal' than the 25thYou NEVER finish learning imo.

But of course there will still be no playing at airforce around here, enough of us do/have done that for real anyway.

Lebanon
       Lebanon

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    To put another perspective to this:

- In the 25th, it seems they're leaning towards shortening mission times, easing up on SOPs, un-enforcing weapons load out, etc... basically more of a free for all type deal but without actually mentioning it.

- for us, in the 476th, we actually enjoy 2 - 4+ hours mission time. We enjoy 150+mi 45mins ingress to target. Gives us time to prepare, talk about tactics, various scenarios, formation route/tactical flying, chat in general, etc... We enjoy realistic weapons profiles, attack maneuvers, brevity. We also enjoy flying all the way back again to home plate, even refueling on the way though not always needed.

We have a different mindset, hence instead of forcing it down people's throats, we decided to create a squad with this mindset, and let the interested parties join.

Makes sense?

Netherlands
       Netherlands

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    To put another perspective to this:

- In the 25th, it seems they're leaning towards shortening mission times, easing up on SOPs, un-enforcing weapons load out, etc... basically more of a free for all type deal but without actually mentioning it.

- for us, in the 476th, we actually enjoy 2 - 4+ hours mission time. We enjoy 150+mi 45mins ingress to target. Gives us time to prepare, talk about tactics, various scenarios, formation route/tactical flying, chat in general, etc... We enjoy realistic weapons profiles, attack maneuvers, brevity. We also enjoy flying all the way back again to home plate, even refueling on the way though not always needed.

We have a different mindset, hence instead of forcing it down people's throats, we decided to create a squad with this mindset, and let the interested parties join.

Makes sense?
    Darn thats a pretty good SITREP of the whole situation ...any better explantion isnt possible