United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

DCS Microstutter Quick-Fix

For everyone that is experiencing "microstutters" and other very subtle frame issues after the last couple DCS updates - surprisingly pressing "L-ALT+ENTER" after spawning in... cured the issue. Roman gave me this tip tonight after a couple weeks of frustrating, and DCS surprisingly runs like butter with this key command. Was recommended to do this key command now every sortie while taxing to EOR. Hope it helps, especially those that are still rocking the older GPUs. Praying my 1080 survives until chip prices become more affordable

This should be an EOR step, it helps DCS FPS so well (for whatever reasoning). *Especially if your using another monitor to run SRS or perhaps the MDC. If you click out of the active DCS window this might help.

Hope this helps those that are beginning to "feel it" after the last couple updates!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wing For This Useful Post:

Florence (11Feb22), Hajime (12Feb22), Howard (11Feb22), Melo (11Feb22), Stryker (11Feb22)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any idea if it helps VR or not? I've been getting a wierd micristutter but it's almost more audio related than video.

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    Any idea if it helps VR or not? I've been getting a wierd micristutter but it's almost more audio related than video.
    Unlikely, I have always experienced harsh performance issues when going full screen in Vr. However like anything, doesn’t hurt to test it with your system.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Additionally, here’s some more Windows steps that a lot of DCS users are reporting resolved their stuttering issues:

1). Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
    2). Set Windows power settings to High performance in the Power Options in Control Panel.
    3). Also, beside High performance, click on Change plan settings, Change advanced power settings, in PCI Express and Link State Power Management change the Setting to Off.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/244331...omment-4409403

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wing For This Useful Post:

Hajime (15Feb22)