Thread: NTTR Mission: Hardware Requirements?

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NTTR Mission: Hardware Requirements?

So, the NTTR base mission you guys have for download is not a new product. It's been out for many, many years by this point, and I have to assume that someone, somewhere is able to run it successfully... but that person has not yet been me.

I tried loading it on my client PC: water cooled i9-12900k, MSI Z790 board, 128 GB DDR5, 4090, system on Samsung 980 Pro M2 drive; game on separate 990 Pro M2 drive. Quest 3. 20-22 fps in VR.

I tried loading it on my separate dedicated server (water cooled i7-6800k, Asus X99 board, 96 GB DDR4, 990 Pro M2, 3080ti) and logging in with the client described above: 12-15 fps.

I loaded it on the dedicated server and unpaused it with nobody signed in, and according to Olympus *the server* is only generating 5-7 fps for the complete map, 21-25 for the 60's map, and 27-30 for the 70's. Meanwhile, every other mission I've tried to run on the NTTR map is steady 64-65 fps on the server and 90fps in the VR headset, once I've left the ground.

How do you make this thing work?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RustySWO For This Useful Post:

Roman (02Jan24)

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Hi Rusty,

I'll see if I can run that mission file this weekend. Might be out of date!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beardy For This Useful Post:

RustySWO (03Jan24)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thanks.

The mission files were downloaded from>>here<<.

The air weapons range objects mod was downloaded from >>here<<.
    Last edited by RustySWO; 03Jan24 at 19:57.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Something doesn't sounds right... I have a system very similar to yours and I can get 55-65 fps in VR (Varjo with dynamic foveated rendering) around Nellis and up to 90 fps flying in the SALLY corridor. What kind of fps can you get in 2D in an F-16 on the ramp at Nellis? What other programs are you running (VoiceAttack, etc)? I've noticed running Bergisons DCS Moving Map doesn't play well with the Map/Mission.

My suggestions would be to rename your DCS folder in Saved Games and try then without anything else loaded (DCS will recreate a new Saved Games directory). You will have to reinstall the 476th Mods. If that fixes things then something else is causing your issues.
    Last edited by Morphine; 03Jan24 at 20:40.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morphine For This Useful Post:

Loco (03Jan24), RustySWO (04Jan24)

Switzerland
       Switzerland

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Are you running TacView by any chance? Our mission has hundreds of objects, if you are running TacView it brings any CPU to its knees and with that your FPS.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karma For This Useful Post:

Loco (03Jan24), RustySWO (04Jan24), Tihi (04Jan24)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Are you running TacView by any chance? Our mission has hundreds of objects, if you are running TacView it brings any CPU to its knees and with that your FPS.
    Tacview looks like part of the problem, but even without it's still barely playable- it bounces between ~20 and 90 fps, with constant minor stuttering, on the full-size map. Haven't had time to try it with one of the cut-down versions yet.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
    Something doesn't sounds right... I have a system very similar to yours and I can get 55-65 fps in VR (Varjo with dynamic foveated rendering) around Nellis and up to 90 fps flying in the SALLY corridor. What kind of fps can you get in 2D in an F-16 on the ramp at Nellis? What other programs are you running (VoiceAttack, etc)? I've noticed running Bergisons DCS Moving Map doesn't play well with the Map/Mission.

My suggestions would be to rename your DCS folder in Saved Games and try then without anything else loaded (DCS will recreate a new Saved Games directory). You will have to reinstall the 476th Mods. If that fixes things then something else is causing your issues.
    Sounds like we could have a similar system/setup based on VR headset & FPS. I haven't tried hosting our mission locally though to see what the impact is like.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We have it ona server and 3 of us where just flying the 60s with stop gaps running and my q3 was at steady 73fps...and stop gaps is an anchor for fps. 3090ti and 64gb i713700k. near nellis we got frame drop because it was rendering about 85 aircraft, lol. but once we turn off stop gaps it runs amazing...we were even saying its cool how goo dthis runs for some much added. Im thinking its something on your end. If you want to jump on discord we can see if im doing something dif. just let me know.