Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    Baxter,

No, I was never a line pilot, but I've spent many, many hours strapped to the jumpseat (I used to do the crashpad/commuter thing). I taught CRJ systems in the classroom, and taught the flows and checklist stuff in the CPT. I started out at ACA/Independence Air, then two other regionals. Eventually, I ended up at FSI teaching the Saab 2000 in the actual Level D sim. It uses the same Collins EFIS and FMS, so it was an easy switch.

The A-10's TF34s use the FUEL FLOW switches to remove the T5 input to the Fuel Control Unit. You're right, it's not really APR, but the effect is almost almost the same...increased fuel flow, increased ITT, and about 300lb of extra thrust. (If I remember correctly.)

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Ok cool, did you make your way through Pinch Nickel? that's where I did my CRJ time. Good information to know if I need the extra power in an emergency, thanks Noodle.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    Haha, yes, I used to commute from CMH to MEM. Had a nice crashpad out in Germantown with a couple of FedEx guys. I left at the end of 2008. Have you been there since '06?

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    That sounds like a good gig. What did you do for Mr. Trennary?
    Last edited by Baxter; 19May17 at 15:28.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    I was hired as a dispatcher, and somehow by the end of the first week, I ended up teaching the systems portion of my own indoc class. The SOC trainers (two really nice girls whose names I cannot remember) brought over a few guys from the training department to observe the "FNG" teach class. I guess they liked what they saw.

I left because my wife had some issues late in her pregnancy. We didn't have any kind of social support network in CMH, and me spending 4 days a week in MEM while she dealt with everything alone just wasn't sustainable.

I lucked into a position at FSI as a Ground Instructor, and that quickly morphed into a jack of all trades kind of deal. Spent lots of time on the road in the B200 sim up in ATL, and in the Saab sim at home. Take a look at the FSI website...they're frequently hiring for sim instructors. It's a decent gig and a good company.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    I had to really dig deep into the archives for this one. But Stuka made a good point, when you come out of retirement a lot of the faces change so it's a good idea to reintroduce myself. I'm Baxter. I've been with the 476th since it's public inception as you can see by these olllllddddd posts. Hard to believe that's over 5 years ago! I dabble in aviation in The real world, but was really missing the virtual side of aviation so I had to come back. If you have any money or treats you can always come to me for help, if you have any serious questions I know where to find Noodle. I will need to find an IP for some fam flights and for some remedial training. Yes this is a cry for help. I will be residing in the Pacific time zone and I'm hoping that's not a hindrance. I don't have a problem saying "Two, Lead your on fire, and I'll take the fat chick." I look forward to meeting all the new faces here at the 476th. Looking through these intros it's amazing how many have come and gone. I'm just glad the 476th is still here flying! See you on the flight line!

Semper Hawg

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Baxter For This Useful Post:

Gliptal (19May17), Kimi (19May17), Noodle (19May17), Panther (20May17), Ragtop (19May17), Scaley (19May17), Tex (19May17), Trigger (19May17)

Germany
       Germany

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Welcome Baxter. Glad to see you around here again

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trigger For This Useful Post:

Baxter (20May17)

Good to see you'll be back. Hope we'll be able to find some time to fly together again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Odin For This Useful Post:

Baxter (20May17)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    Welcome back, Hoss.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Baxter (20May17)

Amytollah

510th vFS SC
    United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Yay!!!! More West Coasters!!!! Welcome back Baxter. Looking forward to flying with you.
    Let The Purple Patches Reign

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy For This Useful Post:

Baxter (20May17)