Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic Weapon Delivery

Denmark
       Denmark
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Whoa, reading PFunk comment from yesterday I thought, ”holy crap I have messed up, and I am in for a shit storm”

Thanks you very much both Snoopy and Noodle for taking the time. Highly appreciated. I am particularly happy that it seems like my understanding of the numbers in z-diagrams are correct. With the numbers supplied by Noodle the “math” ads up for me which makes my understanding a whole lot easier. Just made a drawing similar to the one yesterday but with Noodles new calculation, and guess what…. It adds up. Whooho.

I’d be very happy with a revised Battle Book version when there is time for such a revision. That A-10C TTP looks really awesome. My WC Neck (132nd) has asked me to look into making a TTP to try and improve our unguided weapons delivery. Comparing to the A-10C TTP teaser from Snoopy it’s going to be a shit-ass job, but at least it’s going to improve my understanding until the 476th vFG version is released. I for one are looking very much forward for that as well.

Thanks you both so much for the time to give a reply. Much appreciated.

Oh, one last question (for now). The AOD of 0.2 is that 0.2 nautical miles or 200ft?

All the best
    Hans
    Last edited by Hansolo; 18Mar15 at 08:04.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hansolo For This Useful Post:

Toneking (31Dec15)

Netherlands
       Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I have a question on direct pops which I don't think requires its own thread. By now I've done about 50 B2 10LD1 direct pop attacks. On roughly half of these attempts I end up with the FPM on -10deg. but the Desired Release Cue is at -13deg. or -14deg. short of the target. If I continue on this path the pipper will climb past the DRC resulting in an X but at the time the pipper is on the target I am still in a 10deg. dive and I am at the planned release altitude according to the BETA DAPS. Well, maybe I'm a bit lower but I'm certainly not at or below the abort altitude for that release.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the DRC off? I was under the impression that the Minimum Range Staple and the Minimum Release Cue were bugged but the DRC is still correct?

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    685 Posts
    If you're at Track Alt at the correct dive angle and the DRC is short of the target, you're on a low wire or your DTOF is set incorrectly. The corrective action is to set DRC on the target at Track Alt. This will drive you to the correct wire. Set the DRC once, then maintain whatever dive angle results. Don't unload trying to keep the DRC on the target until release...it's going to float up on you, that's ok.
    Last edited by Noodle; 21Apr15 at 05:32.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

Coolhand (21Apr15), JayPee (21Apr15), Toneking (31Dec15)

Da FAC?

476vFG GC
    Founding member
    Belgium
       Belgium

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPee View Post
    Well, maybe I'm a bit lower but I'm certainly not at or below the abort altitude for that release.
    If you're low, even a little, and you're dive angle is 10 degrees, you are aiming short.

Providing CAS when you're all out of HUA!