Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 476th Range Targets Package

Quatar
       Quatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pmedic is not the only one with problems...
    Is it a problem of the last update?

Considering our group is on the latest version of OB, and none have reported any issues, it is very unlikely that there is problem with compatibility between mod and DCS. There could be an issue with other mods breaking mods though.

Canada
       Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi all, so we have been using the target package for a long time (thanks for all the work you guys do) but we have run into a problem as well. In single player the target package works great, however when we go to put it on our server it doesnt seem to register, we are putting it in the saved games folder as you would a single player on the server, as we have before with no problems, but it doesnt seem to show up anymore. Is there another folder we need to install it to on a server side basis?

Thanks

Sweden
       Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi
    I am just wondering where I can find that "75ft diameter circle." That is here on your Air Weapons Range Objects page at the bottom

You have a "Hard" Tactical Strafe Target is a Soviet JS-2 tank hulk located in the center of a 75ft diameter
    circle. And a "Soft" Tactical Strafe Target is an surplus US Army M35 truck located in the center of a 75ft diameter circle.

I can find the hard and soft targets, but I can not find the circle.

The only circle I find is "*Conventional Circle A" and "*Conventional Circle B"

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiptanoi View Post
    Hi
    I am just wondering where I can find that "75ft diameter circle." That is here on your Air Weapons Range Objects page at the bottom

You have a "Hard" Tactical Strafe Target is a Soviet JS-2 tank hulk located in the center of a 75ft diameter
    circle. And a "Soft" Tactical Strafe Target is an surplus US Army M35 truck located in the center of a 75ft diameter circle.

I can find the hard and soft targets, but I can not find the circle.

The only circle I find is "*Conventional Circle A" and "*Conventional Circle B"
    Those screenshots are from a previous version of DCS. I would guess that it's likely the 75' circle texture is not rendering in the current version of DCS. I've never seen it as a separate object in the mod. Since out training ranges are on the NTTR map the brown circle wouldn't make much/any difference.
    Last edited by Scaley; 28May22 at 15:41.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sadly, I am experiencing the same kinds of problems that Pmedic had back in 2020 but I never saw a resolution to his problem in this thread.

Part of my problem is that I'm seeing a few different instructions for what I need to do for installation...

According to this forum I'm supposed to make sure the program isn't in a double folder and there is only 1 folder named "476 vFG - Air Weapons Range Objects (14NOV19)" with 3 other folders and 5 files in it. When I do the only thing that shows up in Mission Editor is a bunch of SAMs that are invisible.

Sadly, it is all very confusing because the folder inside the "476 vFG - Air Weapons Range Objects (14NOV19)" folder is titled differently: "476Range Targets", so I've installed that one - with the same results.

Just to be thorough, when I try to open the mission in ME, it says its looking for the "476 vFG Range Targets by Noodle & Stuka" program, so I've tried renaming the folder to that. All with the same results.

This has left me very frustrated, but it has given me plenty of time to practice take-offs, flying and landing the Apache, especially since I was doing tactical routes and only surprised brush and mountains after my long flights.

The problem also persists when I try to use the Range Targets for the new Helicopter Weapons Range 2 scenario - in that one, nothing shows up at all.

To make sure I wasn't making a bonehead move, the only other mod I have the Mod folder is for TacView, I removed all others.

I've heard several people rave about this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work, no matter what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toonces

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The folder structure you should have is:

\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\476 Range Targets 14NOV19\

Within that folder should be the 3 folders (shapes, textures, theme) and 5 files.

It doesn't matter actually what you name the final folder (476 Range Targets 14NOV19) since DCS identifies mods based on some text inside entry.lua, not the name of the folder it is in.

There should be (and aren't for any user I know using the mod) any other steps required to install it other than putting it in the correct place. Make sure you are installing in Saved games, not in the main DCS installation folder.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you for attempting to help. Sadly, no difference at all. If it helps, I have the same dynamic as Pmedic in that DCS is installed on the D drive but the Saved Games folder is on the C drive....
    Screenshot 2022-06-06 181306.pngScreenshot 2022-06-06 181127.png

As well, the name of the folder [which I put in exactly as you typed it--minus the ( and )] is the 4th way I've been told to do it. --I don't want to sound insulting or anything of the sort. I really appreciate the help you're trying to provide. Its just very confusing for me, as well as frustrating.

Attached above, hopefully you'll see a proper installation, proper name(?), and the result in ME.

Toonces
    Last edited by Toonces; 07Jun22 at 15:35.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    613 Posts
    Hi Toonces.

Look in Windows Explorer for the folders and files Scaley described in his post above. Below is a screenshot of my Windows Explorer, with the complete path to, and subfolders and files under, the RangeTargets folder. Your Windows Explorer info should match exactly, except for possibly the name of the Range Objects folder. Hope you get it working.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hiccup,

Thanks for having a go at this problem as well. Sadly, everything of mine mirrors yours:

Attachment 4071

...except for two things which I suppose could be the source of the problems:

1. my folder is named differently than you (NOTE: when it WAS named the same as yours, it still didn't work)

2. my DCS open beta is on the D: drive and the Saved Game folder is on the C: drive, just like Pmedic back in 2020. I have never found out if he was able to resolve the issue. No one has addressed that difference in trying to troubleshoot this. Pmedic, if you are still out there, or anyone who knows if/how he was able to resolve the issue, please let me know.

Considering that people were saying they were having problems with the program in multiplayer but it worked fine for them in single player, I assume that I don't need to be online to use the program, correct? If I do need to be online, then that might be another complicating factor.

Does anyone know if DCS/DCS open beta write to the Registry? If I decide to try to resolve the drive anomaly, can I just copy it from the D: drive to the C: drive or do I need to do a new install?

Thanks again for all the help.

Toonces