Greetings all! My name is Ron and I’ve been involved with flight simulation since the 386 days with MSFS on floppy disks, and my first multiplayer experience came much later on Jane’s WWII Fighters. I joined a local flightsim group in early 2004, flying Falcon 4.0 and Lock-On: Modern Air Combat. Then in September of 2004, I joined the WingWalkers virtual squadron, which is one of the oldest, continuously operating online flightsim squads; going strong since 1992! I have flown every iteration of IL-2 Sturmovik with that group, and that continues to this day.

I bought the original A-10C Warthog module back on release day many moons ago, and currently have the TM Warthog HOTAS. I never got a chance to really learn the Hog back then, but with A-10C II being recently released, I’ve decided I want to get to know it as well as I know a Focke Wulf 190. The WingWalkers do not have a dedicated group of DCS pilots, nor any type of training program for it. Much like this squad, the WingWalkers have a rule about belonging to other squads that fly the same sims, so being as though there is no DCS wing over there, I began my search! I have a shift work schedule, with rotating days off, so I can’t commit to jumping in full bore with the recruitment process; but I am very impressed that you all have made so much training material available publicly, for people to get up to speed.

I guess that wasn’t a really quick introduction, but I look forward to speaking with you all, and when my schedule fits some type of consistency, I’d love to have a DCS squad I could call home.

Salute! ~Chunk