Thread: Hello Round 2

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hello Round 2

476 Team, hello again! Fumes making another appearance, seems that timing just never worked out before so lets see about this time. I've been a member since 2014 and got accepted to the A-10C Pipeline back in 2016/2017, unfortunately had to move and immediately went on deployment with my real world squadron which forced my time in the 476 and DCS as a whole to come to a complete stop instantly. I'm sure the lack of communication from my move across country from Florida to Washington State and then being immediately deployed had some folks not happy with me. Obviously it was not my intention to just up and leave without word. We all know it makes no sense to sit here for months on end or even years waiting on a seat to open in training and then finally get accepted just to stop your involvement without word. Hope that clears the air with that since I am wanting to reapply. Since then I have been on two more deployments which has really eaten some time away. Been home for about one month now and looking to get back into the swing of things. Hoping this time when recruitment does open I would like to travel down the F-16C path with the 421st. Pretty familiar with the bird and have been flying it since being home getting use to all the new system updates that happened while I was gone. I must say it has come a long way from where it was before I left. Although not perfect, and definitely some issues looming it is far superior than the shell I flew before leaving.

As for the Intro, still in the Navy back in Lemoore working with the F/A-18F. I am a career Navy guy. I have been working with F/A-18s (all variants from A-F),EA-18G, and F-35C throughout my career. Been in the Navy for 15 years, just came off my sixth deployment. Been stationed in Lemoore, Pensacola, Whidbey Island, and back to Lemoore. Multiple stops along the way with VFA-2, VFA-137 (Temp), Blue Angels, Instructor Duty, VFA-101, VAQ-136, VFA-94. I love DCS and always learning new things. Hoping to make that next F-16C Class, if not, there is always next time. Hope to see you all on here and around Discord.
    Last edited by FUMES; 09Apr21 at 02:00.

Canada
       Canada

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Hi Fumes. Welcome back. I have nothing to do with recruitment but just wanted to say hi.

VOPER

421st vFS Pilot
    United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Welcome, Fumes. 421st is currently working on MQT in house, but hopefully opening up recruitment soon.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Thanks for the welcome, PUMA. No worries on recruitment, wasn't looking for anything with it, I really just wanted to clear the air if there was any ill thoughts out there

Thank you for the info, Florence. Looking forward to it!!!

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Welcome back Fumes and Thank You for your impressive Service record.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Thank you, Emmy. Nothing impressive or any different than many others. Just busy which has taken away my seat time for DCS sadly. But I am back and ready to hit the ground running in the F-16!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FUMES For This Useful Post:

Emmy (10Apr21)