United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NTTR Stutter

Good Morning all!

I’m not too sure if this last update broke the NTTR mission from this group but I get unplayable stutters now when trying to fly this mission. Before it was smooth as butter 120 fps. Not sure if it’s a mod issue or if there is something I need to update and/or clean up to get it back to normal. When I run vanilla NTTR it’s fine, 120 fps. I cleaned by shader folder too. I’m thinking it’s something that broke the mod package. Any ideas or same issues?

ALAM

492d vFS Pilot
    United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    The general advice we always look out for is to make sure Tacview isnt recording as that has historically eaten FPS when enabled. But on the whole, performance on our servers has been waning over the past couple of weeks for sure.

Switzerland
       Switzerland

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Is the Petting Zoo in there? I think that came lately, I’m suspecting that is causing this issue

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm running the SP version from 2019. It was just fine last update, so I even tried to reinstall and do it all over just to see and it is still stuttering. Its something with the objects, I'm not sure if its the miz or the addon objects because in vanilla NTTR it is just fine.

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    EDIT: After further discussion via Discord - I am going to troubleshoot some hook/exports tonight, as that also could be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeaglegonew View Post
    I'm running the SP version from 2019. It was just fine last update, so I even tried to reinstall and do it all over just to see and it is still stuttering. Its something with the objects, I'm not sure if its the miz or the addon objects because in vanilla NTTR it is just fine.
    Did you find any resolution with this?
    I unfortunately find myself in the exact same boat. I verified with the local versions of the NTTR mission - and the 2 mission files for Range 60, 70 versions run perfectly fine.
    BUT the main local NTTR mission file which I am guessing is everything combined still had the stuttering.

There may be something in the NTTR mission causing these issues. I double checked again with a random public server that had 30+ players active in it... no issues at all. But as soon as you connect to DS1 and spawn in, frame stuttering galore.

At this point of troubleshooting, I am confident there is some sort of corrupted object or limit within the latest main NTTR mission file that is causing this issue.

These microstutters make it very hard to fly on our DS1 server - especially with TrackIR and attempting MQT5+ . DS2 and DS3 run fine.
    Last edited by Wing; 08Mar22 at 15:14.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't try the individual miz files just the all ranges one. I didn't have any luck either. I really thought it was a new driver issue, but since yall are having the issue too, id say its something within. Will you let me know how your hook experiment goes?

When was the last time you deleted all of the shaders? Also backup your config.lua file, it's the file that has all of your graphic settings, volume settings etc. After backing it up in a safe location, delete the one in the folder. Relaunch DCS, DO NOT adjust any settings besides your resolution, see what performance gains you may encounter. From there, start bringing back your previous values (reference your back up via Notepad++ if needed) recommended one at a time. If performance is gained with the settings back to the original file, congrats you likely had a corrupt config file.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Panther For This Useful Post:

Hajime (21Mar22)

United States
       United States

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    When was the last time you deleted all of the shaders? Also backup your config.lua file, it's the file that has all of your graphic settings, volume settings etc. After backing it up in a safe location, delete the one in the folder. Relaunch DCS, DO NOT adjust any settings besides your resolution, see what performance gains you may encounter. From there, start bringing back your previous values (reference your back up via Notepad++ if needed) recommended one at a time. If performance is gained with the settings back to the original file, congrats you likely had a corrupt config file.
    Smeagle, I recommend you follow these instructions from Panther. They solved my issues.

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    Smeagle, I recommend you follow these instructions from Panther. They solved my issues.
    Sorry had some real world stuff go down. Im back lol. Im going to try those tomorrow night and report back. Weird how the config file goes corrupt, even weirder that it would only effect that miz file though, that was what the strangest part was. I ran MP and some TTI miz files and didnt have any issues but let me try this out and report back. Thank you all!

United States
       United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    So unfortunately this did not work for me. Its hard to explain but the simplest way is to say its constant stutters when panning around on the apron at Nellis. Only SP mission that does it. If i sit in that same spot on default NTTR, no issues, 144 FPS which is my monitor refresh too, its great. I'm thinking its something wrong with my objects file that is part of this mission