Thread: Hello!

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

Hello Everyone! In the virtual world I go by "Fisher". This became a thing after I needed a virtual name for another game I was playing a couple years ago. I was a big fan of the Splinter Cell series and decided to name my character after Sam Fisher, and it just kind of stuck around. I've been playing flight-sim since FS 1998, firstly just hopping around Europe in my stock Boeing, following the AI ATC's instructions with no idea of what I was doing. I didn't even know why they kept screaming at me to set my squawk or altimeter?

After many adventures with Orbit airlines I decided to dive a bit more into the logistics behind flying, this because I recently went on holiday across the world (14hr flight) which triggered my interest. After learning that there is much more to flying aircraft then just flying to your destination in a straight line I dove into vatsim, ATC procedures and a lot more. A couple years later a friend of mine brought DCS to my attention, which combined my 2 interests; Aviation and Military. I mean I tried flying F16's before in FSX but it was nothing like when I first started the Flaming cliffs F15 in DCS. I did fly the Flaming cliffs airframes for quite a while till I had the budget as a student to buy the F/A 18C. Quickly after a better HOTAS system, TRACKIR and all that followed. But I felt like the public servers didn't give me what I wanted. I tried communicating with other people on public servers over SRS, even tried controlling via LOTATC but you always had those cowboys taking off from the taxiways etc. It was just not what I was looking for. So I mainly stuck to offline flying.

Then one day when I was looking for information on the NTTR I came across the 476th vFG. At first it seemed a little daunting and quite a lot. But after reading the public documents I knew I wanted to join the group soon as my private life allowed me to. That's when the AH-64 came around. The airframe that I looked up to as a kid finally within virtual reach. I started learning that, and still to this day, learn something new every single day. I finally had the opportunity to apply for a position within the 476th this week and hope to start my journey here soon.

VOPER

421st vFS Pilot
    United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    453 Posts
    Welcome to the forums Fisher, glad to have you

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Austria
       Austria

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Orbit airlines brings back some memories! Welcome to the forums Fisher!

United Kingdom
       United Kingdom

Awards Showcase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Welcome Fisher!!

Condom

76th vFS Pilot
    Italy
       Italy